SOLVED

Translating a picklist on a form -- but not in Salesforce.com?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Translating a picklist on a form -- but not in Salesforce.com?

People of Marketoville, please help me!

I have a form that needs a picklist. The picklist already exists in Salesforce.com and is already in use on our English language forms. Now I need to translate that picklist to French for a form that will appear on a French language landing page.

However, I want the French fields to correlate to the English picklist back in Salesforce.

So, for example, you come to our website in English and fill out the English language form, selecting your "Role" from a list that inlcudes: C-Level/Executive,Director,Manager/Team Lead,Other,Student,SVP/VP,Analyst ... and that correlates to the same field in Salesforce.com.

But if you come to our website in French and fill out the French language form, you'd "sélectionnez votre fonction" from a list that includes: dirigeant, directeur, responsable, autre, étudiant, vice-président, technicien. I want those roles, which are direct translations of the English, to come back to Salesforce.com in English.

Am I asking Marketo to bend space and time to do this? Or can it be done?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre_Pelle
Level 3

Re: Translating a picklist on a form -- but not in Salesforce.com?

Hi Suzerama, 

Yes this can be done. Here is an article that explains this. Look for the Yellow Post-it on the right side. 
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqMCAS

In a nutshell, you can define the value to show to be different from the value to record in the Database using "::"
The value before "::" is displayed in the form, the value after is stored in the database. They can be the same or different.

In your example, you could do: 
Dirigeant::C-Level/Executive,Directeur::Director,Responsable::Manager/Team Lead,Autre::Other,Étudian::Student,Vice-Président::SVP/VP,Technicien::Analyst

I hope this help. Don't hesitate to reach out. 

PS: Are you located in Montreal? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alexandre_Pelle
Level 3

Hi Suzerama, 

Yes this can be done. Here is an article that explains this. Look for the Yellow Post-it on the right side. 
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqMCAS

In a nutshell, you can define the value to show to be different from the value to record in the Database using "::"
The value before "::" is displayed in the form, the value after is stored in the database. They can be the same or different.

In your example, you could do: 
Dirigeant::C-Level/Executive,Directeur::Director,Responsable::Manager/Team Lead,Autre::Other,Étudian::Student,Vice-Président::SVP/VP,Technicien::Analyst

I hope this help. Don't hesitate to reach out. 

PS: Are you located in Montreal? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thank you! I searched and searched for an existing article but was looking for the wrong things.

We're in Maryland, but have an international footprint and are starting to market to other countries in native languages.
Alexandre_Pelle
Level 3

Ok cool. I'm glad it helped. I asked because we are based in Montreal and we constantly deal with multi-language.