Re: Transitioning to Different Streams based on a SalesForce Field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transitioning to Different Streams based on a SalesForce Field

We're trying to set up a new campaign and our aim is to start with one stream with 4 emails then transition leads to one of three streams based on Field A in Salesforce which is a multi-value picklist, after which they will transition to a final content stream with more in-depth information on our products.

I've tried 3 different times to get leads into separate streams based on the value set for Field A using the transition rules. Since there isn't a "Results" tab in the Nurture Programs, it's really difficult to tell what's going wrong, but the transition rules don't seem to be working at all. I am using the "contains" operator. I considered that the semi-colon in the multi-value picklist might somehow be affecting whether the string is recognized, but all of the leads I'm testing with only have one value, and each of these values is called out specifically in the filter.

I'm using the "Email Delivered" trigger to transition streams, with an additional filter for Field A.  So the transition rules for the stream I am trying to transition to are:

Filter: "If Field A contains X or Y or Z"

Trigger: "Delivered Email 1"

I tried using Smart Campaigns with the exact same setup (same trigger, same filter) and it's working. But when I use the transition rules, they don't work. Why is this?

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd recommend using smart campaigns instead of the Transitions for your need. They will show you what will happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I ended up doing, but no word from Marketo on why it works in a Smart Campaign and why it doesn't work in Transition Rules.