SOLVED

Transition Rules - Nurture Program

Go to solution
Kristina_Schrof
Level 2

Transition Rules - Nurture Program

Hello,

Here's my dilemma and want some perspective please.

I have 5 streams currently that are the introduction to my nurture program they are segmented based on job title. As the next phase I want to go into industry, however curious what is the better approach:

• After the initial 5 streams should I create a transition rule that triggers based on the last email being delivered then move to the second phase stream that is based on industry of the email subscriber.
  • Or should I create this a different way for example create a whole new stream in addition to the initial 5 streams and factor in industry already and add more emails to the content flow

Not sure if I am thinking through all the options and would love some advice on what's the better long-term solution. Eventually in phase three I plan to segment by behavior too.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Transition Rules - Nurture Program

Kristina,

Each engagement program has a maximum of 15 streams, so keep this in mind. As for the transition between streams, I actually prefer an outside smart campaign with the flow step of "change engagement program stream" as this allows you to run a batch whereas transition rules require a trigger.

This then allows you to make choice conditions for the "change engagement program stream:

Choice 1: If industry is computer hardware

change stream: computer hardware stream

Choice 2: if industry is software

change stream: software stream

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kristina,

Each engagement program has a maximum of 15 streams, so keep this in mind. As for the transition between streams, I actually prefer an outside smart campaign with the flow step of "change engagement program stream" as this allows you to run a batch whereas transition rules require a trigger.

This then allows you to make choice conditions for the "change engagement program stream:

Choice 1: If industry is computer hardware

change stream: computer hardware stream

Choice 2: if industry is software

change stream: software stream

Dvassily-ARCOS
Level 1

Hi Devraj,

When setting these up should it be EITHER Smart Campaigns OR Transition rules, but not both?

Thanks,

Daniel

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yes, you should manage the stream transitions through either smart campaigns or transition rules set at the stream level. In general, people prefer using smart campaigns over the transition rules, as they provide more control, and are more flexible as you can do other actions in the smart campaign's flow along with changing the engagement program stream if required, unlike the transition rules. Also, transition rules are trigger based and are always pull-based (i.e., you'd define the rules in the stream that you want to pull people into).

Dvassily-ARCOS
Level 1

Thank you, exactly what I needed to know.