SOLVED

Trade-In Form

Go to solution
Michelle_Wolle2
Level 2

Trade-In Form

Trade In Form

I need to create a form to take input for a trade-in offer.  The submitter would need to input their contact details along with some fields that refer to the item being traded in (brand, model, S/N) and item (drop down) they wish to purchase.  They can submit this form multiple times if they have a number of items to trade in.

The contact detail fields are already in the system but no the trade in product details. Can someone help with a quick, simple way of building this.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Trade-In Form

It's not really difficult, of course with the assistance of JS, to have an "Add More" button on a Marketo form that adds additional fields (in this case a set of 3 fields for each trade-in).

Then all the dynamically added fields can be posted to the same single Textarea field in Marketo.

In a Smart Campaign, you can in turn use Change Data Value to append the Textarea field, let's call it LatestTradeIns, to a history field AllTradeIns containing data from earlier form posts as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Do you anticipate a user trading in multiple items all at once, or would they come back in the future and trade in additional items?

If they're trading in their items all at once, your first question on the form could be to ask how many items they're trading in. This would then drive how many groupings of brand+model+S/N you show on the form. Or, to keep it very simple, you could show 2-3 groupings of brand+model+S/N and only the first one is required.

If you ask # of items...

pastedImage_3.png

if they select 2.....

pastedImage_4.png

Michelle_Wolle2
Level 2

Hi Carrie, thanks for the input.

That's my problem - there is no limit to how many they can trade in.

One option is to only let them add one trade in per submission but then append the Brand, Model and S/N fields to a text field and then NULL out the fields from the form.

SanfordWhiteman

It's not really difficult, of course with the assistance of JS, to have an "Add More" button on a Marketo form that adds additional fields (in this case a set of 3 fields for each trade-in).

Then all the dynamically added fields can be posted to the same single Textarea field in Marketo.

In a Smart Campaign, you can in turn use Change Data Value to append the Textarea field, let's call it LatestTradeIns, to a history field AllTradeIns containing data from earlier form posts as well.

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

And you might want to add a few more steps to it for reporting and structured data. You can:

1. store the items data as an jSON object. 

2. Sync this field in SFDc

3. Have a trigger in sfdc to run on record create and update and store the parsed jSON data in a custom object within SFDC

4. Blank out the field in SFDC once this is done

You can now do more with this data. For example:

1. You can create a report to see who is tradition how many items

2. You can sync this custom object in Marketo to create segments

3. You can even use this data now to personalise the emails etc and so on...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

SanfordWhiteman

Absolutely, I didn't say what format the field could take as that's another step down the line.

Note of course it's very complex, with Marketo flow steps alone, to append to an existing JSON array. And as you can have multiple submissions within the sync period you'd need to build that in. 

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Agree on the point that there can be multiple submissions within the sync period. In this case may be another approach is to have random id assigned to each entry in the jSON and concatenate the jSON using JS in the existing data value before form submission. In SFDC, we can then have a logic to only add those row where this random ID does not match with existing record in SFDC custom object. I understand that it's getting a bit complex but to have a structured data, we have to do something like this.

SanfordWhiteman

Concatenating the newest JSON w/existing value on the JS side will work if Pre-Fill is always available for that field. Which of course is doable but not out-of-the-box.

I agree that maintaining a GUID so SFDC knows whether the form data has been processed is the way to go -- that's how we do it!

Michelle_Wolle2
Level 2

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll work on an append to a text field. I don't have JS skills or enough time to learn for some of the more complex suggestions. We don't have SFDC, we use Dynamics for our CRM but this field won't be synced so that won't be an issue or option.