Re: Tracking

Patricia_Mercha
Level 2

Tracking

Hi - I work with several resellers and have an email I want them to send out on my behalf, with will lead to a landing page to fill a form..I want to be able to provide each reseller with a trackable link, so when the customer completes the form I know where the lead came from...Can any one tell me how I do that please...I have about 6 resellers that will target their own customer base, so I need to be able to pass the lead back to the appropriate reseller based on the tracking code...
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Patricia, you can use a hidden field on the form to grab a value from a parameter added to the end of the URL. Here's some more information on how to do this!
Patricia_Mercha
Level 2

thank you - but how do I generate the trackable link to the resellers.
The way i see it workign is to provide reseller with this unique code to add to thier email template...Two things I need generate this link and make sure I captuer - so i can pass back the lead once a customer has completed the form...?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Patricia, you can use the URL builder in Marketo which will automatically know what fields you are able to use based on the form on the page, or you can just build the URL yourself. Marketo doesn't need you to build anything special, as it's just picking up the parameters from the URL.

0EM50000000ShAU.jpg
(this is the menu when you right click on a landing page)