Tracking time spent on Web Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking time spent on Web Pages

Hi There! I know you can track multiple web page visits in one day, one week, etc. Is there any way to track how much time someone spends on a web page so that, for example, you could score people based on time spent rather than number of visits? Apparently Google Anayltics has this information. Has the integration between Marketo and Google Analytics progressed to the point where this information is accessible in Marketo? The only thing I can find in Product Docs about Google Analytics relates to RTP.

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking time spent on Web Pages

Check Mark's and my comments and examples here: https://nation.marketo.com/message/94867#comment-94867

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford - just read through those comments. Thank you. My use case is similar but simpler in that no heatmap is involved. A "higher up" wants leads scored based on time spent on web pages. I.e., 10 minutes = 10 points. Could you possibly give me a high level description of how this could be done? By high-level, I really mean - that someone who is not a developer could understand. And some rough ballpark idea of the level of difficulty/time required? That is, would we need to hire someone with your skillset for approx. 2 hours? 50 hours? Or should I take Mark's advice and chat with you? Here? Sanford Whiteman - Personal Chat Page

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It wouldn't take more than a few hours to set up something like my example. That said, it's quite rough, especially in Internet Explorer pre-IE 10.  Hit me via Pure Chat and we can talk about it!

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Hi Denise!

Here is quite an interesting read on the Champions Blog from a few months ago:

Google Analytics and Marketo: Events and Forms and APIs, Oh My!

As detailed by Courtney towards the end of the post, she built a simple query to retrieve users with Marketo IDs and calculate their average time on the website for the past 30 days. This may also solve your problem unless you opt for Sanford's suggestion of course, which also sounds great

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great stuff! Thank you, Erik!