SOLVED

Tracking meetings set per campaign, also by lead source, by month

Go to solution
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Tracking meetings set per campaign, also by lead source, by month

One of the metrics we are looking at is how many meetings campaigns are generating - nurturing campaigns, paid campaigns etc.

One of my colleagues is using a Meeting Set lead status, but I'm hesitant because of the amount of sales effort involved.

I was thinking of perhaps tying it to activities/events in Salesforce?

Any ideas here? thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13

Re: Tracking meetings set per campaign, also by lead source, by month

If you can't automate something in SFDC to listen for Meeting/Activity Scheduled, then you can look at

• Trigger - Activity Created/Updated - but there's work to do to identify the "Meeting Set" rather than other Activities or Tasks
  • Apex to Field - modify the Task to say "meeting type" or something. Listen for Scheduled or Completed, then update a Lead Status Field or Lead Stage field. Marketo will listen for this.
    • I'm assuming here that you want to track this as a Stage in the Funnel.
    • If you just want to report on it, then you can create a Task Report in SFDC. Not even sure Sales has to change behavior on this as long as you have agreement on Meeting Type in the Task.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13

Re: Tracking meetings set per campaign, also by lead source, by month

If you can't automate something in SFDC to listen for Meeting/Activity Scheduled, then you can look at

• Trigger - Activity Created/Updated - but there's work to do to identify the "Meeting Set" rather than other Activities or Tasks
  • Apex to Field - modify the Task to say "meeting type" or something. Listen for Scheduled or Completed, then update a Lead Status Field or Lead Stage field. Marketo will listen for this.
    • I'm assuming here that you want to track this as a Stage in the Funnel.
    • If you just want to report on it, then you can create a Task Report in SFDC. Not even sure Sales has to change behavior on this as long as you have agreement on Meeting Type in the Task.