Tracking lead lifecycle metrics by Sales Team role in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking lead lifecycle metrics by Sales Team role in SFDC

Hi there,

I am using RCA to track the lead lifecycle metrics: balance, flow, velocity and conversion. This gives a great macro view of how we are tracking across the company. What it doesn't do (as far as I can see) is provide the metrics we need to drive each individual sales team or sales person.

Wondering if anyone out there has solved this problem. I envision the solution would be dashboards in SFDC which show each team their lifecycle metrics by month and quarter. We segregate our sales teams by role in SFDC. We have a field in SFDC called lifecycle status which aligns with our RCA revenue model stages.

Metrics I would like to dashboard by sales team (by month and quarter):

Balance:
- no. of leads/contacts in each lifecyle stage.

Flow:
- how many MQLs are being progressed to SAL, Recycled to Marketing, Trashed.
- How many SALs are being progress to Opportunity Open.

Velocity:
Avg days for:
- MQL to SAL
- SAL to Opportunity Open

Conversion:
Conversion rates for:
- MQL to SAL
- SAL to Opportunity Open

Is this possible? Or are my expectations too high?

This challenge is how to provide the most relevant RCA metrics to individual sales teams to drive action.

Thanks
Chris.

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tracking lead lifecycle metrics by Sales Team role in SFDC

You would have to stamp the leads with the Sales Team name, or filter your RCE reports in a similar way, using Country or State, or whichever.

You may be able to sync Lead Owner to RCE as well. Check on that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking lead lifecycle metrics by Sales Team role in SFDC

Hi Josh,

we are finally getting around to doing this.

How would one stamp the lead with the Sales Team name? Would we be using the role value on the user record?

I would create a custom text field on the lead/contact objects and update it with a smart campaign when the lead is assigned to someone. I'm just not sure how we specify the value.

Thanks

Chris.