Re: Tracking clicks on our website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking clicks on our website

If I link one of our website banners to a PDF that's stored in the Marketo design studio, can I track who clicks the link via Marketo?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can. Marketo will see the activity as long as you have Munchkin on the page that the banner is on and the page is under your domain.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Kelly,

To add to what Mark said, we will track the link with munchkin, but only if they're navigating with a left click.  If someone uses right-click>Save As, we cannot track that activity.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so because I have the Munchkin tracking code on my website pages, I should be able to track almost everything (unless they right click - save as). Correct?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right. This is great to know so you don't gate (forms) assets on the pages that you are sending people to from Marketo emails...
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if a lead comes to the website, clicks the banner link that brings them to a marketo doc, but this lead is an anonymous lead to our system (isn't in our marketo lead database or SFDC database). Will we be able to konw who that is? Or can we only track those leads that are known to our system?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have munchkin on the page that the banner is on, but I'm worried that I am still not able to track who clicks that link. I tried testing it and had a colleague click the link on his laptop (he is a known lead in the Marketo system), but when I checked his actiivity log in Marketo to see if it tracked his click, it doesn't show that he performed that action. Am I missing something?? Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Calvin_Lam
Level 4

Hi Kelly,

I received your case and I have an idea why it is not working.  I will correspond with you via the case.

Thanks,

Calvin