SOLVED

Tracking asset performance

Go to solution
Colin_Mann
Level 5

Tracking asset performance

We're looking at how we can track the performance of content such as whitepapers and guides within programs (including programs with multiple assets such as email nurture tracks and content syndication). This is with a view to creating some metrics for our content creators. Some want to do this in our CRM by creating tracking codes for the assets but I am advocating using scoring in Marketo.

Does anyone have experience of similar issues? What was your experience and learning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tracking asset performance

This can be very complex if you want it to be. Decide what's possible right now and what specifically would help your colleagues make decisions on what content to write.

At a basic level, you can use Program=Asset, or SFDC Campaign=Asset. But then you start to break the Channel connection too.

You can go even smaller and just track First Touch and Last touch fields via. URL parameters or hidden fields. I've written about more of that here

Marketing Attribution Setup Checklist - Marketing Rockstar Guides

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13

This can be very complex if you want it to be. Decide what's possible right now and what specifically would help your colleagues make decisions on what content to write.

At a basic level, you can use Program=Asset, or SFDC Campaign=Asset. But then you start to break the Channel connection too.

You can go even smaller and just track First Touch and Last touch fields via. URL parameters or hidden fields. I've written about more of that here

Marketing Attribution Setup Checklist - Marketing Rockstar Guides

Colin_Mann
Level 5

Very useful thanks Josh

Dan_Stevens_

We use program tags for this - it's works great for us - especially in our reports in RCE:

pastedImage_0.png

Colin_Mann
Level 5

Thanks Dan

That was the approach I was advocating in house too - it seems a clean approach.

Colin