Tracking Vendor and Asset Success/Performance in Marketo and SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Vendor and Asset Success/Performance in Marketo and SFDC

Hello there -

My digital team is currently looking for a way to optimize our campaign structure/strategy.

Currently in order to track Vendor and Asset success we are using an o parameter field (which is basically the 18 character SFDC ID). We create a url for each asset and vendor send. Meaning we are essentially creating a batch and blast email for every email being sent internally and externally and never truly optimizing the process, in order for the sake of really granular reporting. In turn it is creating a backlog of data value changes and it is slowing down both systems and the integration.

How do you currently track vendor and asset successes and what tools/integrations do you use?

1 REPLY 1
Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Re: Tracking Vendor and Asset Success/Performance in Marketo and SFDC

Hi Liz!

I'm not 100% following your current process, but I can answer your larger question around tracking. There are so many options!

We've set up partner micro-sites where we host content. This sounds similar to your situation - we want to know what content was downloaded and which partner's site they came from. The content piece is easy - you can tell by which form they completed. The partner is just a URL parameter that passes to a hidden field on the lead.

If you can expand upon your process I can answer with more detail. Why does every email send need it's own URL? Do you have a screenshot of your granular report? What data values are changing? Do they change when an email is sent or just when someone responds?

Sorry, I have more questions than answers at the moment.

Miss you!