Re: Tracking Tokens to Calendly

Megan_Messerly
Level 1

Tracking Tokens to Calendly

When someone clicks the token link in one of my drip emails, it takes them to Calendly to schedule a call with one of our sales team members. I want to track which email drip is resulting in calls scheduled- is there a way to map this with a token? I have the Zapier integration, but am unsure of what kind of field I'd need to create in either Calendly or Marketo.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When someone clicks a Calendly link, it automatically stores these query params as part of the event:

• utm_campaign
  • utm_term
  • utm_content
  • utm_source
  • salesforce_uuid
  • utm_medium

There are at least 4 ways to use this information in Marketo w/Zapier:

[1] in a Marketo "Create or Upload Lead" action you can tell it to map those fields back to Marketo fields.  I would recommend your Marketo fields be string fields like LastCalendlyCampaign, LastCalendlySource, etc. since they will be overwritten.

[2] use a Marketo "Add Lead to List" action but condition it on a Zapier filter, so you add to a specific list based on Calendly information:

pastedImage_18.png

[3] use the other Zapier actions, like Formatter, to translate the UTM codes into List IDs, then use "Add Lead to List"

[4] other methods, like calling a webhook to simulate a Marketo form post

Megan_Messerly
Level 1

Thank you! I'm not sure the UTM params will work on a token- the links to the Calendly calendars are pulled in from Salesforce based on lead owner. Is there an easy way to append UTM params on a token?

SanfordWhiteman

Is there an easy way to append UTM params on a token?

Sure, just add another token or hard-code them. You already have to be building out the link, right?

https://{{lead.leadOwnerCalendlyLink}}?{{my.utmBlock}}

https://{{lead.leadOwnerCalendlyLink}}?utm_campaign=suchandsuch

Carly_Stevens2
Level 2

Hey Sanford Whiteman regarding your point [2] above, where do you see the option to add a Zapier filter? I can't see that anywhere.. pastedImage_1.png

SanfordWhiteman

It's not in the Marketo Zap itself, but a generic filter helper. But I don't use Zapier anymore having built a direct Calendly integration that can do a lot more...