Tracking Facebook Ads Leads vs. Organic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Facebook Ads Leads vs. Organic

We've recently started testing Marketo landing pages in Facebook tabs and would like to begin pointing Facebook ads to these tabs. Any suggestions on how to track the difference between an organic Facebook lead and a paid Facebook lead? We've tried using UTM tracking, but when I look at the lead's information Marketo doesn't seem to be tracking the custom URLs. Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking Facebook Ads Leads vs. Organic

This may be a bit inelegant, but could you create duplicate tabs, one which appears on your actual page layout (for organic visitors), and another that can only be accessed through a Facebook ad?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We discussed that as a possibility, but is it possible to have a hidden Facebook tab? What is to stop an organic lead from hitting the drop-down tabs button and clicking on our "Advertising" Request Demo tab?

We know that we will get more conversions if we keep people within Facebook, and so we don't want to drive them out to an external landing page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Justin,

I suppose you're right, not sure if you can technically "hide" a page from view. I'd advise looking at your Facebook insights a bit though. You may find like many pages, the majority of users do not consume content on your actual page, but rather through their news feed where they see your posts. While a user could theoretically go to your page, click the drop down, and find your paid advertising tab, I'd imagine in most circumstances it's relatively unlikely, especially if you position the organic tab more prominently.

If you're gunning for absolute precision in your tracking though, it certainly is a potential loophole.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff - That's a very valid point!