Tracking Conversions from embeded forms in Marketo Landing Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Conversions from embeded forms in Marketo Landing Pages

We currently use marketo Landing page templates with fully custom code which includes responsive features and an embeded marketo form. The reason we do this all via code, is due to an issue we commonly encounter with marketo forms applied from the landing page editor. Placement of LP forms from the editor result in the form moving around the page unpredictably and pushing it out of alignment.

That said, we lose out on landing page conversion metrics in the landing page report. It shows the views but 0 conversions since the form is a separate asset from the landing page which is applied via marketo's javascript embed. Is there any way to connect the landing page template and its sister form in a way that conversions would be counted by the landing page report? Thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking Conversions from embeded forms in Marketo Landing Pages

Yes, but that's a hack.  It would make more sense to use a named Form element and just ensure that it goes inside the container you want.  It's true that free-form templates (I'm assuming you're using FFLPTs still) are kind of painful as they use absolute positioning.

If you post a link to 2 URLs, one with the embedded form placed in the desired container and one with the Form element, I'll give you boilerplate code to make sure a Form element goes where you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford! Here is the LP:
The Digital Search for Education

Also, you indicated that it was possible, even though the solution is technically considered a hack, would you mind sharing how to go about it?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Thomas,

It is urgent, IMHO, that you replace you old legacy free-form Landing page templates with Guided LP, that will be natively responsive and will not allow the approximate placement of objects and forms. And it also solve your tracking problem.

Create a Guided Landing Page - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I wasn't aware of the separate landing page type. Been doing custom templates as a solution for so long I must have missed the option!