Track Form Submissions on Web Page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Track Form Submissions on Web Page?

Hi all!

I am somewhat new to Marketo, so bear with me

We recently embedded a Marketo form on a web page on our website. In other words, we did NOT use a Marketo landing page for this one.

Is there a way to track these form submissions in Marketo?

From the Google Analytics side, we clearly have about 15 form submissions. However, I can not find them populating anywhere in Marketo. Maybe this is normal?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you,

Jamie

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Track Form Submissions on Web Page?

Hi Jamie,

sure, as with any form. Just create a smart list with Filled out form condition (see below) and it will provide you a list of people who filled out the selected form. Works for both embedded forms and forms on LPs.

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 13.47.52.png

Hope it helps.

Best;m

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so this leads me to my next question...

I created that Smart List, and only our "test" submissions are showing up. Any idea why all of the other submissions aren't populating?

I thought that maybe the Smart List didn't work with a web page form, but it sounds like that is not the case. I just can't get the submissions to populate within the Smart List.

Thanks,

Jamie

Carey_Picklesi7
Level 3

The "Fills Out Form" trigger or "Filled Out Form" filter should work regardless of where the form is placed - On a Marketo page or embedded on a website. If you run that smart list as Matjaz suggested, how many form fills do you see?

The other part of it is understanding how your Google Analytics tracks form conversions. Do you register a conversion when a person reaches a thank you page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carey,

The smart list is showing 3 form submissions, all of which are "test" submissions that we submitted internally.

I don't run Google Analytics, but when she sent me over the screenshot, we are showing 20 views of the Thank You page. So to answer your question, yes, it looks like we are registering a conversion once they reach the TY page.

With that said, I think I should definitely be seeing more form fills on the smart list.

Something is off, I just can't figure out where...

Carey_Picklesi7
Level 3

It can be hard to get Marketo and Google Analytics to match exactly, but usually they are pretty close - especially for form fills.

For GA, is is showing 20 unique views to the thank you page or just 20 views? I'm more concerned that you are only seeing 3 submissions in Marketo if you believe there to be more. Can you send a link to the page where the form is embedded?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately she only sent me a screenshot of two fields, "Page" (URL) and "Page Views". Some of those 20 are obviously from us internally when testing and that sort of thing... now I'm wondering if they ALL are...

Here you go: Manufacturers Are Outsourcing Services: What Does This Mean for Customers and their Maintenance Cont...

I filled the form, can you see my record on a smart list?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, your information has already populated in the smart list. Thanks for doing that.

So that obviously means that the form and the smart list are working properly.

I am starting to believe that the thank you page views are somehow just from all of us internally. I am going to check with our GA lady to see when GA starts tracking page views.

Yes, the form works.

No problem to help. Best;m