Ok - this just happened, I didn't make any changes other than putting back our domain as allowed domain. But this mysteriously just started working again and the view webpage events just came in all at once. Checked with other's on the team and their lead records now show the activity too. Any idea why it seems like this didn't work and all of sudden comes in all at once?
Any idea why it seems like this didn't work and all of sudden comes in all at once?
If the session was not actually associated with a known visitor until a certain point, all the past Visit Web Pages would be merged into the log at once when association does occur.
If a Marketo form hasn't been filled out, nor a Marketo-tracked (mkt_tok-enized) link followed, in a given browser session, it won't be associated.
This is great info. Helps with my education on all of this. Thank you.
I also just received a Marketo bulletin which may also explain things too. If it helps anyone else.
Munchkin Activities Recording Issue
We identified a service issue with Munchkin tracking that may have caused web page activities to not get recorded. No other Marketo services were impacted. This only affected customers on Munchkin V2 with the “Do Not Track” browser setting set to “Support”. The service issue has been resolved, and Munchkin processing has resumed. We are now working to backfill the Munchkin activity events that were not recorded during the impacted timeframe.
Remediation: Once the cause was identified, our team developed and deployed a patch on April 30, 2019, to correct the piece of code that introduced this issue. To backfill the activity data that was not recorded during the impacted timeframe, our team is developing a script to restore the data back into the activity logs. When first added, this data may show incorrect timestamps for a short time. However, it will eventually reflect the accurate time the activity occurred. Campaigns that would have been initiated by the activities that occurred during the impacted timeframe will not be replayed.
This is a great tip, Sandy. We're always trying to provide for an optimized user experience - which includes minimizing the number of clicks to get to the call-to-action - and this approach works fantastic. I just finished building this in our instance and look forward to using it in our future campaigns.
For some reason this is not working in Internet Explorer (works in all other browsers), after the progress bar, page is stuck. But my Marketo campaign is still reporting that I have visited the pdf link...
Grab the updated code from the post now. There's an IE bug w/Location objects and I forgot to update the code inline.