SOLVED

Re: Track External link & Sync to SFDC

Go to solution
Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Hi Greg,

I tried the #1 before posted this question. No luck.. Your #2 does make sense, and it can be either the unique SFDC ID or a unique string. I tried it. However, no luck as well. Same result that the SC didn't get triggered at all...

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

I may go for a different approach. Even though I still want to know if Marketo could add existing leads to a SFDC campaign only based on visits a web page. Please let me know if you have any other thoughts, I am willing to test.

Thank you!

Becky

Autumn_Mahoney1
Level 3

We do this. Our query string contains a unique campaign code

pastedImage_0.png

If you want to choose a specific page, the easiest way is to start typing in the URL, starting after the https:// and let Marketo fill in the text for you to make sure you pick the right page.

pastedImage_1.png

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Thank you Autumn. It works, I tried both ways.

Best,

Becky

Julie_Bandley
Level 1

Hi Becky,

You can definitely add known leads to a SFDC campaign from only visiting a web page as long as the web page has the munchkin code on it. I have several campaigns set up this way.

Have you made sure the SFDC campaign is active and the advanced setup contains the status you are trying to change it to (Responded)?

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Thanks Julie. It all working now.

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Thank you again Greg for the support and help. It works. I tried different combination. I believe, for some reason, it didn't work if I only put "en-us/business/backup", and query sting.

Have a great weekend,

Becky