Total number of emails sent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Total number of emails sent

I want to find out the actual quantity of emails sent during a specific time. The email perfomance report in analytics will only count the first time an individual is sent an email. If I send the same email to that individual more than once, analytics doesn't report the subsequent times the email is sent. 

We have multiple targeted lists and there is overlap between the lists. If one of our leads receives the same email 2 or 3 times over weeks or months, it works for us. 

This has been a simple metric in other systems, I feel like I am missing something blatantly obvious in Marketo.

BTW - we don't use Salesforce

Thanks,
Ed
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Total number of emails sent

You can exclude people from receiving the same email by including this statement in a Smart List:

Was Sent Email IS "X"

Then in the Campaign, say

Member of Smart List NOT IN "Was Sent Email IS X" to exclude anyone who received the email.

OR

NOT Was Sent Email IS "X" will return everyone who never received that email.

btw: Was Sent Email IS NOT "X" will return everyone who received any email BUT "X"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Total number of emails sent

In general, Marketo is oriented around the lead object rather than the email object, so while this is a simple thing in many ESPs, its a feature of Marketo that this would be deduplicated.

Do you have Revenue Cycle Analytics?  The Revenue Cycle Explorer module has a type called "Email Analysis" that may help you here.