Re: Tokens

Elizabeth_Bonin
Level 4

Tokens

How many tokens can you use in an email? The drop down only goes to 6 but can you use more?

4 REPLIES 4
Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Elizabeth - as many as you need.  Most of our emails are entirely based on tokens and look blank in the editor as a result.  Our drop down (I think we are talking about the same one in the email editor) definitely has way more than 6 tokens.  Try adding more tokens at the folder level perhaps?

Elizabeth_Bonin
Level 4

Hi Lauren,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by adding them at the folder level. I have a custom email that has 10 filler fields from a list I will be importing. However there are only 6 filler fields allowed in the email editor.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Do you have a screenshot? The number of tokens available for use in an email is/should be unlimited as long as they are defined somewhere in your instance. Are the fields you are importing already listed in Marketo?

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Elizabeth - echoing Jenn below, I think we need to see a screenshot of what you are looking at.  There shouldn't be any limitations here.  At the program level - you'll see assets, setup and my tokens.  The tokens area is where you can create as many as you need for the content you are creating.