Tokens in an Email do not match field names

Nation150_Rizzo
Level 4

Tokens in an Email do not match field names

I am looking for a specific token "Sales Owner Last Name" and it is not listed in tokens. There is a field listed (see below). I am wondering why these aren't matching. Shouldn't all fields be available as tokens?

pastedImage_0.png

2 REPLIES 2
Maude_Belanger
Level 2

Re: Tokens in an Email do not match field names

Hi there,
Sales Owner Last Name, is it a field in your CRM or that's how it's really called in your Marketo instance? Sometimes a difference between the naming of 2 fields can create a bit of confusion.

Or could it not be related to the lead but to the "Company" instead and be listed as {{Company.Sales Owner Last Name}} or {{Company.Account Owner}} per example?

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: Tokens in an Email do not match field names

Hey there,

Sales Owner = Lead Owner. They're the same field. I think this discussion provides good context: From "Lead" to "Person"

A couple of years ago, Marketo engaged on a horribly misguided project to change standard field labels to use "Person" rather than "Lead". For example, changing "Lead Source" to "Person Source", "Lead Status" to "Person Status", and "Lead Owner" to "Sales Owner". The thinking was that because a "lead" in Marketo could be either a lead or contact in the connected CRM, it was causing confusion.

Unfortunately, everything on the back-end - tokens, API names, form field names, etc. - still had to use "lead" (otherwise it would break integrations). So the change was only to labels and caused more confusion than it solved. I hope they just admit it was a mistake and change it back some day.

Grant