SOLVED

Re: Tokens in Smart Campaign triggers and filters.

Go to solution
Javier_Sanchez1
Level 2

Tokens in Smart Campaign triggers and filters.

Hi!

For various marketing activities we are used to clone existing Program with a smart campaign and modify the clone.

Currently it is manual process and I am working on automation. So everything has to be done via rest api.

I have local token {{my.briefingID}} in my template program.

The template has smart campaign where smart list contains Data value changes trigger set to {{my.briefingID}} and filter set to {{my.briefingID}}

I can successfully clone my template program.

Then I change value of my {{my.briefingID}} in the new program.

I activate my campaign.

I add users with proper briefingID to my list.

Unfortunately it appears tokens are not working in smart lists triggers and filters.

Can't find documented info that tokens are not supported as trigger and filter values, but my campaign is not firing.

Please suggest how to deal with the situation.

Are there any workarounds i can use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unfortunately, tokens are not supported in smart lists or “choices” in flow steps. See this thread for more info: https://nation.marketo.com/message/197361-re-bounce-replacement-of-emails-for-leads-that-have-multip...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unfortunately, tokens are not supported in smart lists or “choices” in flow steps. See this thread for more info: https://nation.marketo.com/message/197361-re-bounce-replacement-of-emails-for-leads-that-have-multip...

Javier_Sanchez1
Level 2

Hi!

Thanks for reply.

I've seen this discussion: Can local tokens be used for triggers/filters in Smart Lists?

4 years later and that has not changed? really?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

No it has not.

-Greg

KasiaP
Level 1

I was about to suggest the same and found this thread. I really wish Marketo listened to those asks.

Allowing tokens in smart lists would automate so much, especially with webinar integrations.