SOLVED

Tokens don't work under the program cloned by REST API

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tokens don't work under the program cloned by REST API

Hi,

I used Clone Program REST API to clone a program that contains a local My Token, an approved email, and a batch smart campaign. Then I ran the campaign to send the email under the new cloned program. However, the tokens in the email did not work (see below). The email contains a lead.FirstName token and a my.My Token:

Dear ${lead.First_Name_1_0},

${my.My_Token_1_0}

But when I clicked Edit Draft for the email and approved it again, the token could work well even if I did not do any change:

Dear tester,

This token has been replaced.

Besides, if I clone the program on Marketo UI manually and send the email, the tokens also work.

Does anyone have the same issue? Is a Marketo bug or is there anything I missed?

I would like to used API to clone programs and send emails with tokens, how can I make it work?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Tokens don't work under the program cloned by REST API

This is a bug that is fixed in our upcoming minor release, currently scheduled for 7/28.  Currently there is a workaround where you can unapprove and reapprove the email and it should work as expected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

This is a bug that is fixed in our upcoming minor release, currently scheduled for 7/28.  Currently there is a workaround where you can unapprove and reapprove the email and it should work as expected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny Elkington​,

Local my tokens under program level are still not working. When we cloned the program via API then sent the emails out, the my token values could not be displayed correctly. Could you help to look into this? Thank you!