Re: Tokens and segmentations in emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tokens and segmentations in emails

I'm setting up an email that will be sent out using a language segmentation for English (default), German, French, and British English.

I'd like to leverage the use of tokens in the email for standard text areas like subject, title, body content, sidebar content, image, footnote, etc.; but the only way I can see to do this is to create a set of tokens for each language. For example, {{my.titleEN}}, {{my.titleDE}}, {{my.titleFR}}, etc.

Does anyone know of a better way to use tokens and segmentations together, or should this type of email be created without the use of tokens?

Thanks!

Allison

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Allison,

Unfortunately, you're right, you'd need to create tokens for each specific language though it would be nice if tokens were segmented as well. If things like your reply to address, images or from name are the same across all languages maybe use tokens for just those. However, if it would be easier in the long run to update copy in the tokens area rather than within the actual body of the email, it might still be worth setting up tokens though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I would be great if Marketo had that functionality. I think I may end up not using tokens at all. It's either that or have possibly 30 tokens per email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allison Smith I agree with that decision, I just put together a welcome email in 6 languages and creating tokens for that email would have just been additional work with very little benefit.