Token name for email asset

Mindy_Dolan
Level 1

Token name for email asset

What token would I use to insert the name of the email asset? I want to insert it for the utm_content so that we are tracking it in GA.

Example: "EMAIL-2018-03-12 Market Update" -- what is this token called? I've tried {{campaign.Name}} but that doesn't work. I'm already using {{program.Name}} from the high-level program. I want to be able to automatically pull in the specific email name into the utm string.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Token name for email asset

This is not possible (unless you manually create a program token of each email name within each of your programs).  Vote here:

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What token would I use to insert the name of the email asset? I want to insert it for the utm_content so that we are tracking it in GA.

Insert it where, though?

In links in the email is the only place it would make sense.

There, you can use a Velocity token and use the numeric email ID -- which is a much better thing to use since (a) do you really want the email name exposed to the end user and (b) it's unlikely the email name is a URL-safe string, so it would have to be escaped anyway.

Dan_Stevens_

Sandy, would you need to know the ID of the email and hard-code it in the script; or is there a way to programmatically include the ID of the email to include in email links?

SanfordWhiteman

Oh, you can read it dynamically from Velocity.

Dan_Stevens_

wow, did not know that!  Using what variable/attribute?

SanfordWhiteman

Post it later (maybe on the blog) -- have to stop Alt-Tabbing over here or a client's gonna kill me!

SanfordWhiteman