Token {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} in a webinar campaign

Coonic_Agency
Level 2

Token {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} in a webinar campaign

Hey everyone!

I have a doubt about the tokens configuration in a webinar campaign. I created the email into the program event and also the smart campaign. Then, I put in the draft email the token {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}}, but the link to the webinar is not appearing in the preview email, the others tokens are appearing normally, but that token is not.

Draft email:

pastedImage_0.png

Preview email:

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks in advance!

Maria

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Token {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} in a webinar campaign

Those token values are created in real time (when someone registers) and will be populated then (after a short delay). Unlike lead tokens, which are stored locally in Marketo. Therefore, the value will not be displayed in preview.  Whenever testing tokens, you should send out actual tests using a smart campaign (vs. a sample email).

Which webinar provider are you using?

Coonic_Agency
Level 2

Thanks Dan. I am using GoToWebinar

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Correct.

I also make sure to use a default address of my webinar providers landing page just in case it doesn’t sync in time, there’s ever an error, or something unforeseen — I have no indication that it’s been needed, but always makes me sleep easier at night.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On this topic - I use the same webinar token but have been noticing that even though someone registered and receives the unique URL - they still have to enter the webinar as a guest. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?  I use Adobe Connect.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Enter the webinar as a guest (attendee) as opposed to a panelist or organizer?

Tom Kerlin