SOLVED

Re: Token {{lead.email}} don't populates in Marketo webform

Go to solution
Exequiel_Carriz
Level 2

Token {{lead.email}} don't populates in Marketo webform

Hi team,

I've set up a Marketo Landing page with an embedded webform in it. Pre-fill option is enable.

We use this URL and I also add at the end of the URL those tokens hoping that if a user opens it and there isn't any Marketo cookie in their browser, this token can be used and populate the Email Address field in the webform.

I ran a test and once I clicked the URL from an email, the token is populated correctly with my email address at the URL but the webform doesn't populate it with that email.

The URL i'm using is > http://www.mycompany.com/update-your-details?{{lead.Email Address}}&{{company.Salesforce ID}}&{{lead.First Name}}

Do you guys know if there is any way to achieve this?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, cookies are irrelevant. The mkt_tok in the URL associates the session on the fly (otherwise the concept of a "tracked link" wouldn't exist). You have to be doing something else to break PreFill.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Are you not sending this email with Marketo? You don't need to embed any details in the URL for a Marketo email. A tracked link does this for you.

Exequiel_Carriz
Level 2

Yes, I am.

Once I sent the email with Marketo and click the URL in it, it takes me to this Landing page with the Marketo webform but the field Email Address in the webform doesn't populate it.

This is because i've cleaned my cookies in the browser, therefore Marketo cannot retrieve any data.

I was hoping if I can retrieve the email address by adding that token at the URL but it doesn't.

Is there any other way?

SanfordWhiteman

No, cookies are irrelevant. The mkt_tok in the URL associates the session on the fly (otherwise the concept of a "tracked link" wouldn't exist). You have to be doing something else to break PreFill.