SOLVED

Token language

Go to solution
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Token language

My internal client is asking if we can do the following:

If we have {{lead.First Name}}, they want to output the salutation as Bonjour {{lead.First Name}}

If we DON'T have {{lead.First Name}}, they want to output the salutation as Cher client.

I'm unaware of a way to run logic for the output of tokens other than the default value, "Cher client".

Bonjour is posing an issue for me.

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Geoff_Krajeski1

Re: Token language

We were able to utilize Dynamic Segment content on both the subject line (by language preference French/English/Default) and on the body copy (by Has First Name/No First Name/Default)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may be able to use Marketo Formula field. Create a new custom field and have it populated as a formula based on the first name availablility

Rajesh

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You'll need to use email scripting to implement this: Email Scripting » Marketo Developers ​ The first example on that page demonstrates a very similar scenario.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

There are definitely ways (as described above) to implement it, buuuut it's probably best practice to just maintain a "Salutation" field for each person (many of our customers do this).

See this thread: Re: France email Dear Madame or Monsieur

Geoff_Krajeski1

We were able to utilize Dynamic Segment content on both the subject line (by language preference French/English/Default) and on the body copy (by Has First Name/No First Name/Default)