Token Default Value in Text Only version Not Appearing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Token Default Value in Text Only version Not Appearing

Hello Marketo Community,

I have two questions. First being, is it possible to test an email where I can receive the text-only version to see how the custom token fields are working? I don't mean sending a sample email with a text version because the fields won't pull my custom token info that way.

Question number two, I have two tokens in my email, the first is a first name token with a default value of 'Attendee', the second is a custom Single Sign On token with a default value of Login. When I send a sample email, 'Attendee' appears, but 'Login' does not.

Does anyone have an idea as to why?

Here's what it look like:

pastedImage_0.png

Here's what appears in the email in my inbox:

pastedImage_1.png

In that space before the word to, I'd like 'Login' to appear.

Thanks all!

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Token Default Value in Text Only version Not Appearing

For your first question, you'll need to set this up in your email client, depending on what you use.  For example this is Outlook: Read email messages in plain text - Outlook

For your second, My Tokens don't use default values in the same way that Lead tokens do.  Since My Tokens are defined at the program/folder level, they'll always be present when the Email is rendered.  Are you trying to use this as a replacement token for Request Campaign or something?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Token Default Value in Text Only version Not Appearing

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your response. I adjust the Outlook settings, and I could see the text-only version, so thanks.

For the second question, a solution was figured out so that we can see text version of html and the tokens are displaying correctly.

I want to thank you for your response and help!