Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tip of the YEAR!

Oooh, can you elaborate?

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Of course! We have a few data management programs (state/country/region appending) that trigger before records sync to SFDC. So if those records have inappropriate state/country/region values (that we define) we'll be alerted. We can then adjust our data management programs to update the records appropriately. It's definitely helped us reduce our sync errors and improve data quality.

Kristy_Murphy

Manage the hygiene of your database. We use a template that I found on a champion project. This is the template and we just built in thresholds.

pastedImage_1.png

Kristy

Robert_Woodbury
Level 1

Thank you for sharing, Kristy. Do you have the link to the Champion Project you referenced above?

Valerie_Whitin2
Level 5

Not sure why I didn't know this one before, but this year I learned how you can add custom columns to People Performance Reports. This has saved me so much time on exporting several smart lists and running pivot tables!

Michael_Mason
Level 4

Recently, we learned that there were leads not getting to our Sales Queues because we clone too many forms and certain conventions were not always followed. To combat this, I'm creating a single form that will be placed within our guided templates so we don't have to update 40 some-odd forms and programs to make sure all of our plumbing works.

That being said, I would also add that having a documented flow (via a PPT or Visio) is helpful to explain to SFDC admins, marketing managers/directors, etc who may not understand the Marketo lingo, but will understand a visual of how data flows between the two systems. 

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

another safe guard is to remove 'edit form' from your Design Studio Roles -- I implemented that so every form modification had to come through a centralized place

Michael_Mason
Level 4

Great idea, JD! I have to see if I can swing that.

Kristy_Murphy

Are you using a centralized system (PM tool) to capture requests for approval/activation? If so, which did you land on or was it a custom solution?

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

no - we're small enough of a team, and I'm in the weeds enough to handle individually. But there really shouldn't be much done form by form. I have about 4 or 5 baseline forms that should handle 95% of all forms needed. Only 2 or 3 times per year would we need something outside of that.