Timed Renewal Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Timed Renewal Emails

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to set up renewal emails to go to customer at specific points in time prior to their Subscription end date.

Ideally, I want emails to go at 90 days, 60 days and 30 days out (essentially, Subscription End Date minus 90/60/30 days).

My subscriptions are not a standard length of time - some can be 12 months, some can be 18 months etc - so these email really need to hang off of the Subscription End Date, rather than using a lengthy wait step at the beginning of the customer lifecycle.

I have my Subscription End Date value in a custom object, along with all other subscription information attached to a lead - but I do not seem to be able to find a way of setting up a timed email off of that date.

I have experimented with using 'in future after 30 days' time constraints, but this grabs every lead within a broad time period after 30 days, rather than grabbing leads whose subscription expires 30 days from today's date. Is there no simple way to apply date calculation, so that an action can be triggered at End Date minus Time Period?

Has anybody had a similar issue before and, if so, how did you resolve it?

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Timed Renewal Emails

Andrew,

I agree that you should have a separate process for each reminder as long wait steps are prone to error (ex. you have to remember to remove from flow based on certain criteria).

Let's say you are sending the 30 day notice today and you want to include all those that have the End Date in 30 days. Create another smart list ("End Date in future 29 days") that has the filter "End Date: in future 29 days". Go back to the smart campaign sending the email and use the filters:

"End Date: in future 30 days"

Member of smart list: not in: "End Date in future 29 days"

The resulting list will only include those that have the end date in exactly 30 days as you've filtered against those that have the end date up to 29 days in the future.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but have you looked at this?

Smart List Filter Operators Glossary - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

So if you want to target a date exactly 30 days in the future, you can do it with a combination of

In Future 30 days AND

In Future After 29 days

And no, that's not a "simple way to apply date calculation". 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both!