Re: Time token and calendar invite showing wrong time zone

Janna_Botha
Level 1

Time token and calendar invite showing wrong time zone

I am based on the east coast in EDT and I am trying to create an invite for a live event in London.   How can I adjust the time token to show the right time zone?   I tried changing my location in my admin settings and it is still showing only EST/EDT as the option.

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Janna - you need to enter the time in your local time zone.  For example, if the webinar is taking place at 11:00am GMT, you would schedule this for 6:00am ET.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Dan, just a follow-up question to that. what if we are setting up an event now and my instance timzeone is in EDT, but by the time the event happens us on the east coast will be in EST. What do I do? My even will be at 1PM Eastern Time.

Do I set it up at 1PM EDT and tell people it will be at 1PM ET, or do I have to set it up in EDT but thinking that we will be in EST therefore I should really set it up for one hour before in EDT (12PM)?

I just don't know if my Marketo will always just say EDT regardless if we in the East coast are in EDT or EST.

Thank you! 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The times in the ICS file are in UTC. You don't have to manually manage daylight saving.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OP please return to thread and check replies.