Threaded Sales Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Threaded Sales Emails

I'd like to create threaded sales emails. When I send an automated sales follow-up email to an MQL, I'd like to include the first sales email below. Below is an example. How are others doing this? Are you exporting leads and putting them into a sales-specific email automation product like Outreach? Is there a token I can create? We don't have the Salesforce - Marketo integration, though we do have Salesforce. I am creating both the Marketing drips and Sales drips for inbound leads from content marketing (e.g., an eBook download).

Hi {{lead.First Name:default=there}},

Wanted to see if you caught my message yesterday, and if you were interested in a 10 minute demo to discuss your company's legal needs?

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Matt Faustman <matt@upcounsel.io> wrote:

Hi {{lead.First Name:default=there}},

Curious to know what prompted your interest in structuring legal operations?

I'm Matt, Co-Founder and CEO of UpCounsel: a tech-enabled legal solutions provider & Menlo-backed company. In the past year, thousands of GCs and legal departments at companies like Airbnb, HotelTonight and Stripe have relied on us to hire top-tier, on-demand attorneys for short-term staffing needs while saving 60% on legal bills.

I'd love to learn more about your role and how legal is currently addressed at your company.

If you'd like to take the next step, reply to this email or you can schedule a call here.

Look forward to connecting.

Matt Faustman | UpCounsel

CEO & Co-Founder

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Threaded Sales Emails

Question looks like it should be in Products​ -- please move it there to continue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done! Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

FYI, that's not actual threading (threading has a specific technical meaning including the References and In-Reply-To headers) but fake/emulated threading.

Marketo doesn't have a built-in way of doing either real threading or fake threading. However, if you tokenize all of your content, it's possible to fake it.

You can have a token like {{my.first contact content}} and also timestamp the original send {{system.datetime}} into a custom {{lead.first contact datetime}} (although the timestamp will not be exact, it's close enough).  Then in the second email, include

On {{my.first contact datetime}}, {{lead.lead owner email address}} wrote:

{{my.first contact content}}

Note you will have to use email scripting to translate {{lead.first contact datetime}} into a user-friendly date output, thus I included it as a {{my.token}} instead of the native {{lead.token}}.