Thoughts on forms with no visible fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thoughts on forms with no visible fields

We are considering adding a request demo form to our thank you pages (post-asset download).  Instead of having them fill out their information again to request a demo, we are thinking of instead presenting a button with all fields hidden. So, basically they'd only see a request demo button with no first name, last name, email address,  etc. fields visible.

What are your thoughts on this strategy? 

It seems redundant to have them feel out their information again even with the form being pre-populated. Or are there reasons to have the lead submit their information twice?

6 REPLIES 6
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Thoughts on forms with no visible fields

Even better you can just use a form and turn on  Known lead so all they have to do is click the button.  You don't even have to pre-populate it so they don't get confused that they already submitted the first form. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jessica! I forgot all about this feature.  I think that this is a great way to go.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If the intent is that the Thank You page is only available to known leads after form submission (it is not otherwise indexed or linked) then you don't need a form at all.  By including just a [Request Demo] button (which you'll track using a Clicked Link trigger) you save 4 unnecessary network requests.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

I take it the link is just sending them to another thank you page for the demo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be correct.

Julz_James
Level 10

I would do either what Sanford Whiteman suggested and just have a 'clicks link on web page' trigger sending off the demo request alerts to your sales team, or you can do the 'known lead' form.  However, I've had issues with the known lead form before and you have to code it to look correct.

The button option should look like it's leaving them on the current page and just have the inner section of the page flip to 'Thank you for requesting a demo' text.  Otherwise you might end up with thank you page, upon thank you page etc etc.