Thoughts about integrating Google Analytics with Salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thoughts about integrating Google Analytics with Salesforce?

Do you think this is a good idea to integrate Google Analytics insights into Marketo?

What would be the advantages or disadvantages?

6 REPLIES 6
Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Thoughts about integrating Google Analytics with Salesforce?

Please provide an example of the integration, so I can better understand your question.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Exactly - what are you trying to do and why would this help you?

You can already put GA code on any marketo or site page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking events and goals conversions is one example.

I also wanted to know what are the options available for doing this.  I  attended the Google Masterclass and this was one of the recommendations. I need to understand this topic better. Thanks!

Thanks Josh Hill​  Elliott Lowe

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by 'integration' though?  As Josh mentioned, you can put GA code on your MKTO landing pages and can track the Marketo subdomain of your site along with your regular site traffic - so there isn't any information lost between the two platforms.  For event tracking, if you want to track Marketo events specifically (e.g. form fills) there are better ways to do that through Marketo, and custom event tracking in the works (apparently) if you want to fire non-Marketo events and use them in campaigns/smart lists.

What would your integration provide in addition to what already exists in Marketo/GA? I'm having a little trouble visualizing what you mean by 'integration' in this case.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I think you are saying that you want to see a goal completion in GA when someone fills out a form in Marketo.  To do this, you would create the Goal in GA Admin and define it as a visit to the follow-on page unique to submitting a specific form. If your form doesn't have a follow-on page then you'll need to add some Forms 2.0 API javascript to your LP that creates the event in GA.

You can also create conversion events in Adwords for the various Marketo RCM stages and use AdBridge to automatically update those in Adwords.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many of my customers have asked me if we can integrate GA with Marketo.

After attending a Google Masterclass where they mentioned that it is possible to integrate SFDC with GA, I thought this could be a good idea to bring GA data into Marketo.  I have done some research and it is mainly used to track UTM parameters  and ROI- we already do that with Marketo.

One of the advantages that Justin Cutroni mentions is that since Salesforce allows you to create reports of qualified leads, customers, or any other customer grouping you can use unique ID’s and create advanced segments for each of these groupings.  - We can do this with Marketo too! -

Integrate Salesforce and Google Analytics - E-Nor | Web and Mobile Analytics Consulting and Training

What would this integration add value?

In my opinion, Marketo is giving us most the information. The way I would use it if possible is to bring the information that is not accessible from Marketo such as average session duration.

The Ultimate Guide to Universal Analytics Integration with SalesForce - E-Nor | Web and Mobile Analy...

Your thoughts are appreciated Elliott LoweRobert Gurley Josh Hill

Thanks