SOLVED

Thank you pages: what is this code in the end ?aliId=6609227

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you pages: what is this code in the end ?aliId=6609227

We have different programs running and each one has a thank you page.

When users land on the thank you page, some pages don't have this ID and some do:
?aliId=6609227

Where is that from and why do some pages do not have the end tag: ?aliId=6609227

This may be the issue with lead flow as we are getting one set of numbers in marketo and a larger increase in Google Analytics.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Thank you pages: what is this code in the end   ?aliId=6609227

The aliId is, loosely speaking, the form data ID (purposely paraphrasing its underlying function/s).

You should set GA to ignore this query param.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

The aliId is, loosely speaking, the form data ID (purposely paraphrasing its underlying function/s).

You should set GA to ignore this query param.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you pages: what is this code in the end ?aliId=6609227

Replace Image Function doesn't work

1.we have 3 landing pages going to the same thank you page, some get the id and some do not.

2. GA: is that why we are getting  higher numbers in GA because of the id? And if we ignore it would that fix the problem?

SanfordWhiteman

1.we have 3 landing pages going to the same thank you page, some get the id and some do not.

Is there a difference in the way the user is brought to the Thank You URL?

For example, if you use a custom Forms 2.0 onSuccess function, you can bring someone to http://pages.examples.com/lp.html but unless you manually include the aliId it won't be there:

form.onSuccess(function(vals,tyURL){

document.location.href = 'http://pages.example.com/lp.html'; // oops, forgot to get the aliId from the original tyURL

return false;

});

2. GA: is that why we are getting higher numbers in GA because of the id? And if we ignore it would that fix the problem?

Well, I couldn't say without knowing which numbers are higher. But if you don't exclude aliId those will all seem like different pages (just as with any non-excluded query param).

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are brought in, from 3 different landing pages, so i'm  guessing 3 different ways?

Maybe some are google ads, and some are display ads

2. How do we include the alild? I just created forms, I don't see any alild settings

3. GA number are showing significantly higher conversion vs marketo per program

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman

They are brought in, from 3 different landing pages, so i'm guessing 3 different ways?

Maybe some are google ads, and some are display ads

The offsite referrer isn't the part we care about.  But if there are 3 LPs and one or more of them has custom form logic, then people could get from that LP to the Thank You URL without having an aliId param.  You obtain the aliId from the original tyUrl in these cases (this is all in JS).  If you're sure you have no custom JS logic, then this isn't the problem.

As for conversions, I think you need to break down how you're logging conversions in GA.  Chances are that side is overcounting, rather than Marketo undercounting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford! How do you set GA to ignore this parameter? Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much Gregoire Michel