Re: Text version has comment at end

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text version has comment at end

On every test send of a text version of our emails we have the 

<!--This is a comment--> 

added to the end of the email. Does anyone else have this? What is this? And will it disappear with an actual send vs. a test send? 

Thanks!
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a comment line from the HTML.  It is hard to say why it is displaying in your text email.  Can you post the HTML from your email here so we can get a better look at it? Right Click On Email > Download HTML.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not copying the HTML directly into the text version of the email. Would this be why it is showing? 

When I try to edit the text version to remove the line of text,  it is not there. 
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Amber,

If this is not appreaing in the editor, in all likelihood it is included in your global footer.  You should check in Admin>Email and then see if this text is included in the Text Only footer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not think of the global footer.  That is also another place to check!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kenny you are right! However, we have that for all of the footers. I wonder why it only appears in the text version? 
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

In the HTML version of the email, this comment is processed by the HTML renderer so the comment does not appear.  The text version of the email does not process this text, so it will appear to the leads who receive that version.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Kenny! This must be exactly what is happening.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I don't get the comment you get, I get < !--Start fragment> on my text emails when I copy and paste text from the HTML editor.  I just remove it.