Re: Text too small on Marketo Responsive Email Template

Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Text too small on Marketo Responsive Email Template

Anyone notice that the text size is too small when viewing the email on a mobile phone?

Specifically, the Blue Pearl v2 and Sofwour v2 email templates.

Kind of defeats the purpose of using a responsive email template.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anthony,
Can you please provide a screenshot?  These templates and font size look fine in the  built-in previewer at templates.marketo.com 

Raj
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

It looks fine in landscape orientation, but not portrait orientation. This has been tested on Android 4.4, iPhone 4, and iPhone 5.

Here's landscape (good)

0EM50000000RR3i.jpg

Here's portrait (too small)

0EM50000000RR3n.jpg

Would you say the built-in previewer at templates.marketo.com accurately emulates real mobile devices?
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Here's a screenshot of a template out of the box without any modification:

0EM50000000RR6b.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Answer: Gmail doesn't support responsive design. However, the Android email native app does.

For more information: http://www.campaignmonitor.com/guides/mobile/
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Hey Guys,

Although Gmail does not support media queries, which is typically what is needed in order for responsive emails to work, we have found a workaround.

This is available in all of our templates in Knak. Knak is a new product that we just launched at this week's Marketo Summit. Knak allows Marketers to quickly and easily create their own email and landing page templates, with no coding required. We test using Litmus, across all clients and devices. Gmail definitely being a big one we focus on.

I'd encourage all of you to try out Knak, and then look at the emails in Gmail. I think you will be pleasantly surprised šŸ˜‰

www.knak.io