SOLVED

Re: Testing Marketo outage for SOAP API calls?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Testing Marketo outage for SOAP API calls?

We recently implemented SOAP API messaging in our .NET web forms application.  What is the easiest way for our QA department to test Marketo's servers down in case of an outage.  Not saying this happens but it's good to prepare for ๐Ÿ™‚

It's a web application so we can't simply disable the client's network connection nor can they modify the code.  I don't see any way of disabling SOAP in the Admin UI in Marketo either.

Thank you.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I'd probably look into SOAP testing software like SOAP UI to run a mockservice and emit exceptions/connection errors...etc.   http://www.soapui.org/  Marketo's API endpoint will only ever respond like it normally behaves, so point your application at it to test exception handling isn't going to work out unless there were actually a partial or full scale service outage.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi John,

Could you please clarify what you're trying accomplish?  Are you trying simulate what would occur in the event hat Marketo goes down?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, simulate when Marketo is down so our application will respond as intended when we make the SOAP API calls.  

Is there something in the Marketo UI that I can trigger this?  Preferbly just for web services as we are not using it yet in our live app.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I'd probably look into SOAP testing software like SOAP UI to run a mockservice and emit exceptions/connection errors...etc.   http://www.soapui.org/  Marketo's API endpoint will only ever respond like it normally behaves, so point your application at it to test exception handling isn't going to work out unless there were actually a partial or full scale service outage.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll look into that testing software.