Template views and sends, OK. Template in email editor, Wacked. Sample sent email, OK.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Template views and sends, OK. Template in email editor, Wacked. Sample sent email, OK.

I created an email template outside of Marketo. Using the html of existing, working template as a base.
I put my new HTML into a new template, looked good, sent a sample, looked good.
Created a new email in Marketing activities using my new template. Go the edit it and all the columns are wacked out.
Send a sample from the email editor and it looks fine just like the sample from the template editor.

Does anyone have any Ideas?

The html looks fine in Dreamweaver, and Firefox. I exported a copy of the html from the "wacked" view in Marketo and opened it in Dreamweaver and it looks fine.

Thanks,
Bill
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Template views and sends, OK. Template in email editor, Wacked. Sample sent email, OK.

Did you also setup the mkteditable areas?

Can you post your code?

I suspect Dreamweaver had some extra code that could have caused this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Template views and sends, OK. Template in email editor, Wacked. Sample sent email, OK.

I'd rather not post the code since the work belongs to a client. I'm sure I have some fouled up code, but it's difficult to figure out when the only time it is "wacked" is in the edit view in an email. See the attached image. I'm thinking my approach is to go back to the html I started with and add one element at a time then test it until I hit on the offending code.
I try to keep the HTML as simple as possible, to help with the issues between mail clients, so it is basically inline hml with basic tags.
Any tips would be appreciated.
0EM50000000S9VB.jpg