SOLVED

Template Builder Services that easily integrate

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Template Builder Services that easily integrate

I am wondering if anyone can help me find a template builder that does not require html.  I reached out to Hoosh Marketing yesterday and still no response.

Is there another option anyone can recommend?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guy_Goldstein6
Level 5

Re: Template Builder Services that easily integrate

Hey Kerry,

The Marketo templates from templates.marketo.com have the editable code already in place (which makes them great if you know how to customize the HTML).

When using something like themeforest you do need to go in and add the mktoeditable divs to make it comply with Marketo's editor (you also want to double check that it doesn't have a built in unsubscribe section since Marketo by default will automatically add that information for you).

I've recently been doing some research into tools that would make it easier for clients to build and manipulate templates and I've seen that most of the WYSIWYG style editors on the market still require that you add the editabe tags. I have seen that Hoosh Marketing have a Marketo template builder which I'm currently investigating which looks pretty good and also automatically builds the templates with Marketo's needs in mind (such as the editable div).

I haven't got a conclusion for you yet because I'm still in the evaluation part of the process, but I can certainly tell you that the initial indications look good, the tool looks simple to use and the price certainly isn't unreasonable. Among other things, it's a product that was designed by a Marketo user (Fab Capodicasa) with Marketo in mind, which is something that not a lot of tools out there can say for themselves.

Hope this helps,

--Guy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kerry_Quilter
Level 2

Hi Scott, I'm new to Marketo and just learning how the template system works. Just confirming that when you import one of the Marketo templates you then have to go in and add the div class ="mktEditable" text in the code for the template to be editable? These templates do not automatically have that code in it do they or am I missing it.

Do you know if Marketo has talked about updating their Template editor to be more user friendly? I was surprised how you had to edit it all in code.

Thanks for your help!

Guy_Goldstein6
Level 5

Hey Kerry,

The Marketo templates from templates.marketo.com have the editable code already in place (which makes them great if you know how to customize the HTML).

When using something like themeforest you do need to go in and add the mktoeditable divs to make it comply with Marketo's editor (you also want to double check that it doesn't have a built in unsubscribe section since Marketo by default will automatically add that information for you).

I've recently been doing some research into tools that would make it easier for clients to build and manipulate templates and I've seen that most of the WYSIWYG style editors on the market still require that you add the editabe tags. I have seen that Hoosh Marketing have a Marketo template builder which I'm currently investigating which looks pretty good and also automatically builds the templates with Marketo's needs in mind (such as the editable div).

I haven't got a conclusion for you yet because I'm still in the evaluation part of the process, but I can certainly tell you that the initial indications look good, the tool looks simple to use and the price certainly isn't unreasonable. Among other things, it's a product that was designed by a Marketo user (Fab Capodicasa) with Marketo in mind, which is something that not a lot of tools out there can say for themselves.

Hope this helps,

--Guy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guy Goldstein​ for jumping in.