Re: Taking qualified leads out of an engagement program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Taking qualified leads out of an engagement program

What is the best way to 'graduate' leads from an engagement program?  When a lead status reaches a particular stage, we need to take them out of nurture.  My nurture streams contain programs rather than emails and I don't want to have to put a campaign in each program to check the status of the lead. 

The only way I can think of it currently is to have a campaign that is triggered when data value changes (lead status) to one of the sales stage statuses, then change the lead's program status of the engagement program to Not a Member.  Will this remove them from the engagement program?  If not, how do I go about this?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Erica! Have you thought about Pausing qualified leads in the engagement program?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

No, I need to remove them. There must be no danger of them starting up again. So I'm still looking for an answer to my question about whether changing their status to "Not a Member" will remove them from the program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

Change the Program Status of those leads in that Engagement Program to Not in Program. This will remove them, but you will also lose any previous data you may have had on that lead in regards to their activity in the Engagement Program.

Another option is to create an additional stream where in the transition rules if someone becomes that status they will be pulled into the new stream. Remember you will want to edit your other transition rules in your other streams so that a person cannot move backwards.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Philip,

If I pull them into a 'Qualified' stream that is empty of content, will I still have their engagement program stats?

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I have created a stream called "Removed from Nurture" which will pull leads in that become customers.  I also use it to hold leads that have unsubscribed.  Once in that stream, I pause them as well, just to be sure that they won't be pulled into another stream.

There is no content in this stream, so does it matter whether I set a cadence or not?  Is a cadence of "None" a valid cadence?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

You'll still have data of people who stay in the engagement program.

The cadence doesn't matter and you don't need to set anything.

Make sure if you have transition rules in your other streams that you reference filters e.g. not unsubscribed so that if that data value triggers, people won't move from your "Removed from nurture" stream back to your other streams.

Best,