Re: TPG - Marketo Next Advanced Training

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

TPG - Marketo Next Advanced Training

I've been looking into taking an advanced Marketo course, but am not seeing a ton of options. One option that looks promising is the Marketo Next course put on by The Pedowitz Group. Looking for some honest reviews from people who have taken the course. I'd also love to hear if people recommend any other courses/methods to get advanced Marketo training.

Appreciate the help!

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I took Marketo Next, before I review - what are you looking to learn specifically and what level are you at now?

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

I first used Marketo almost 2 years ago. I've been in it every day and became certified a year ago. I have a strong understanding of Marketing Activities and everything that goes along with setting up programs. One thing I'd like to learn even more about is advanced engagement programs because where I work we've never utilized their full capabilities and I'd like to revamp them.

I'm an admin but haven't had to deal with too much regarding custom objects/activities, webhooks, and other admin responsibilities. I'm taking over more a ownership of a couple of our martech tools so integration will be really important for me to better understand. I'm not the best with email/LP design, but that's more of me needing to learn html. I will say though that I really want to learn a lot more about using dynamic content.

ChristinaZuniga

Kevin McMahon​ I think this course could be a good fit! I was about in the same place as you when I took it last year and it gave me not only a great overview of webhooks, dynamic content, snippets, etc. it actually really helped me determine the strategy behind a nurture I was working on at the time. I thought the class was very valuable and got a lot of hands on learning.

I saw that Marketo also announced a new course called "Core Concepts II" Core Concepts II Now Available!  which seems to have a lot of the same modules as Marketo Next. Since I haven't taken Core Concepts II I can't speak to it, but I would say that my experience with Marketo Next was really positive, and the group was really flexible when I had to miss one day and they let me make it up in a future course. There were some bumps with using their sandbox where there were some problems with permissions so during the class some of us couldn't complete the first one or two assignments, but it was also one of their first times running the training, so I'm sure that's been smoothed out since then.

Amy_Goldfine

That course sounds really interesting, I would love to hear more about peoples' experiences with it.    

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor