SOLVED

TOTALrequests Limit Exceeded with Salesforce Sync

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOTALrequests Limit Exceeded with Salesforce Sync

Hi there,

I was moving about 20k leads that are already in our Salesforce database into a Salesforce campaign using a Marketo Smart Campaign. However, I go this error: TOTALrequests Limit Exceeded. Looking into it online, it mentions SF allows 15k API calls per 24 hour period and I am wondering if this is the reason I am getting that message.

Also, if this is the cause, will all Marketo triggers not be reflected in SF for the next 24 hours, which would make us have to go back and retroactively update them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: TOTALrequests Limit Exceeded with Salesforce Sync

Dustin,

Looks like you hit your daily API limit. For large data requests such as adding into an SFDC campaign through Marketo, you are going to use a ton of API calls. A workaround for large adds to SFDC campaigns like this is to check a SFDC field with a Marketo smart campaign and query that field in an SFDC report and add those members to an SFDC campaign that way.

The 24 hour window does not mean that in 24 hours your API daily limit is reset, rather it means that when API calls become available over the course of the next 24 hours, you can use them.

You can reach out to your Account Rep and increase your daily API limit if you see you are getting close to your limit on a regular basis.

Also you can build an SFDC report that monitors how many calls you are using per day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Dustin,

Looks like you hit your daily API limit. For large data requests such as adding into an SFDC campaign through Marketo, you are going to use a ton of API calls. A workaround for large adds to SFDC campaigns like this is to check a SFDC field with a Marketo smart campaign and query that field in an SFDC report and add those members to an SFDC campaign that way.

The 24 hour window does not mean that in 24 hours your API daily limit is reset, rather it means that when API calls become available over the course of the next 24 hours, you can use them.

You can reach out to your Account Rep and increase your daily API limit if you see you are getting close to your limit on a regular basis.

Also you can build an SFDC report that monitors how many calls you are using per day.

Lisa_Heay2
Level 3

I am running into the same issue.  We just discovered that some leads have not been sync'd due to limits being hit.  Is there any way to tell how many leads in the past may have not been sync'd?

Devraj_Grewal

Lisa,

Are you subscribing to Marketo system notifications? You can receive an alert if leads did not sync and for which reason. As for errors that may have occurred in the past, there is no way to query them, but you can vote for this idea here:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Devraj!