SOLVED

Re: System managed fields are blocked!

Go to solution
Shweta_Agarwal
Level 2

System managed fields are blocked!

Hi, 

I need urgent help.

I am importing a list which we do every month and the suburb is always captured as "Inferred city" but this time I am getting below error: 

[Moderation note: removed image containing personal information]

Also tried to see if there is anything in field management which is blocking , but there is nothing.

pastedImage_1.png

Once I complete the import with above settings, The suburb "BATLOW" is coming as "city" but I want it to be "Inferred city" same as the other records .

Please guide me the right way asap, this is pretty urgent. You can call me if needed.

Regards, 

Shweta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Shweta,

The Inferred City field is a system field that Marketo updates based on the lead's IP details. This field is not something that can be manually overwritten or updated by a user.

If you would like more information on system fields, Marketo has some documentation that can be found here.

Understanding System Managed Fields - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shweta_Agarwal
Level 2

Previous list used to capture inferred city:

New list is capturing all the suburbs as city:

Please assist.

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Shweta,

You should consider blurring out parts of - or deleting - these images. They contain a lot of data points that make it easy to identify people within your database.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

+

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Shweta Agarwal‌ I removed your screenshot containing lead data since your question has been answered.

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Shweta,

The Inferred City field is a system field that Marketo updates based on the lead's IP details. This field is not something that can be manually overwritten or updated by a user.

If you would like more information on system fields, Marketo has some documentation that can be found here.

Understanding System Managed Fields - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

Shweta_Agarwal
Level 2

@josh Can you please check the screenshots, and help me resolve the issue,

I read the document but it wasnt helpful to fix the issue?

What should i be doing to resolve the issue please? I am new to Marketo and really need your help.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Solution: Use another field. Inferred City, by definition, can't be explicitly set.

Shweta_Agarwal
Level 2

Also there is no answer to similar thread https://nation.marketo.com/thread/16952 

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Shweta,

This thread has the same answer as Sanford's response above: 

You cannot update this field - it can only be updated by Marketo. You will have to use a different field.