Syncing with salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncing with salesforce

A website visitor filled out one of our forms this morning to request a consult. My campaign worked well  - we got an alert with their information. But they are not synced with Salesforce. Do I need to set that step up separately?  I thought that was automatic.  Does anyone know why this lead is not in Salesforce, or even in the Marketo lead database, despite showing up in the campaign?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Syncing with salesforce

If it is a Marketo form that the lead filled out, then they should be in your Marketo DB (search using their email address).  As far as syncing to SFDC goes, unless you have a campaign set up to sync leads to SFDC (like a Lead Lifecycle campaign) then you will either need to set up a campaign that syncs to SFDC when leads are created, or find the lead in your Marketo DB and run a flow action to sync it.

On the flip side, any new Leads or Contacts created in SFDC, that the Marketo Sync user can see, will be created in your Marketo DB automatically.

Hopes this helps.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kenny is spot on. You need to design a process to push leads over to SFDC. What that process looks like should be decided by you and Sales.

For instance, I like to sync ALL records, so the two systems mirror each other. In order to do that w/o sending all leads to Sales, I setup something like this in Marketo;

1. Sync Net New Leads (assigns to SFDC Queue: Pre-MQL)
2. Sync MQLs (if they reach the lead score threshold, push to Sales)...How this is done is up to you, it could be a simple Change Owner flow or a trigger that forces the SFDC Lead Assignment Rules to move the Lead.
3. Syncs for existing Leads or Contacts
4. Fast Track - so this would auto push a lead whenever a certain Form or action was taken. Your Request a Consultation Form is a good example of an automatic MQL. Sometimes this is done by scoring that at +100 pts to ensure MQL, or just as a separate flow.

Feel free to reach out if you need more help
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both!

I went to Office Hours this morning and got the sync fixed, at least in regard to our Request a Consult program. We'll have to decide when else we want to push leads in to Salesforce, but at least I am now aware of how and when Marketo syncs with Salesforce.