Syncing to a Pre-exisitng Salesforce Campaign

Jessica_Seeger
Level 1

Syncing to a Pre-exisitng Salesforce Campaign

I am trying to sync a Marketo campaign to a campaign that already exists in Salesforce but it doesn't have an option to do this. How can I sync without creating a new campaign? The only existing campaign available are those that were previously created in Marketo. It doesn't show any campaigns created in Salesforce.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Syncing to a Pre-exisitng Salesforce Campaign

Hi Jessica,

you cannot sync a Marketo campaign with an SFDC campaign. You can only sync a Marketo PROGRAM with and SFDC campaign. Just go to the program summary screen and hit the « Salesforce campaign sync” link, then choose the campaign. If the campaign you want is not there, it’s because is not active in SFDC or because it’s already sync’ed with another program.

BUT, and this is a big BUT, the existing campaign status members have to be exactly the same and the program channel member statuses. Down to the upper or lowercase. Or the sync of members will fail.

Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And BTW, you might like this idea:

Jessica_Seeger
Level 1

The Salesforce Campaign in Active but I am still not seeing it as an option to sync to from the Marketo program. I can only see Campaigns that I previously created in Marketo and synced into Salesforce. Nothing from Salesforce shows as an option in Marketo.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Then you might have an issue with your campaign sharing rules in SFDC. See with your SfDc admin that the Marketo user can access in read/write to all campaigns in SFDC.

Greg