SOLVED

Sync updated contact info to SFDC without assigning owner

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync updated contact info to SFDC without assigning owner

We ocassionally have existing contacts filling out request a demo forms on our website. The flow was to sync leads to SFDC and assign them to the web response queue. However, for existing contacts, this was creating a duplicate lead, syncing that over and assigning them to the web response queue. We would still like to capture the change in contact info in SFDC so I changed the assignment rule to "do nothing" for SFDC type = Contact. However now it's just skipping that step entirely and not syncing any of the updated information.

Is there a way to update the contacts information in SFDC from Marketo? It looks like we're starting to get mismatched information since the form fill outs updated the fields in Marketo but that doesn't get pushed over to SFDC.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sync updated contact info to SFDC without assigning owner

Yes, you can just say "Sync Lead to SFDC: Auto Assignment Rules" and it will update the Contact's information. The issue you were having is that you were previously attempting to effectively change owner or assign the Contact to a Queue, which automatically creates a Lead instead.

The process to use is to have 3 sync flows - one for SFDC Leads, one for SFDC Contacts, and one for Marketo only leads. That was I can assign a new lead to a Queue, an updated Lead to an Owner (or whatever), and add a Task to a Contact.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, you can just say "Sync Lead to SFDC: Auto Assignment Rules" and it will update the Contact's information. The issue you were having is that you were previously attempting to effectively change owner or assign the Contact to a Queue, which automatically creates a Lead instead.

The process to use is to have 3 sync flows - one for SFDC Leads, one for SFDC Contacts, and one for Marketo only leads. That was I can assign a new lead to a Queue, an updated Lead to an Owner (or whatever), and add a Task to a Contact.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

I actually did try changing Sync Lead to SFDC: Auto Assignment Rules before and it hadn't worked. I just tried again however and it worked, thanks for your help!
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it looks like it updated some data (first name, last name) but didn't update others (phone number). Any insight why that would be the case?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylvia Chow

I would check in Salesforce to see if Marketo is able to edit (instead of read only) the field, by checking the Salesforce permission settings for that particular lead/contact object.