SOLVED

Sync to Salesforce Best Practice

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync to Salesforce Best Practice

Hi everyone-

I'm wondering about the best practice for syncing leads to salesforce across multiple campaigns. Currently we have a single campaign that looks at all new created leads and based on some basic criteria in a smart list, pushes leads to SFDC using a simple flow. 
My question is this: should we be doing this on a per-campaign level as opposed to having a master "Sync to SFDC" campaign? I can imagine the logic within this single campaign getting very complex. Also, I'm wondering if some camapaigns take precedence over others. For example, if I exclude leads from syncing to SFDC in the master "Sync to SFDC" campaign based on smart list criteria, does that prevent those leads from EVER syncing, even if I set up another campaign to explicity sync those leads?

Thanks a ton,
Alan McCarty

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync to Salesforce Best Practice

I don't think that there is a single SHOULD that everyone follows, at least when it comes to syncing either through a centrally controlled campaign or at each individual campaign. But to answer your second question - if a lead is excluded from syncning in one campaign, and it will still sync with another. As long as it qualifies for a campaign, it will sync. So, there is no excluded for EVER. Make sense?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that there is a single SHOULD that everyone follows, at least when it comes to syncing either through a centrally controlled campaign or at each individual campaign. But to answer your second question - if a lead is excluded from syncning in one campaign, and it will still sync with another. As long as it qualifies for a campaign, it will sync. So, there is no excluded for EVER. Make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, that makes sense. It seems that in our situation, a per-campaign sync is best, as we'll have more granular control over what syncs when, and won't have to set up a bunch of exceptions.