Sync to SFDC only when MQL status achieved

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

Sync to SFDC only when MQL status achieved

too many results come back with the above query as usual so hoping someone out there can direct me to the directions for setting up/changin settings so that new leads only go to salesforce if they reach a certain score

right now alll new leads sync over to salesforce and then get assigned used the SFDC lead assignment rules we have set up.

we are starting scoring so wanted to start holding on to leads that don't reach MQL status (specific combo of demographic and behavior score), then when combo reached they go to salesforce
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sync to SFDC only when MQL status achieved

There are a few ways to deal with this.
  • Central MQL flow that only syncs when lead score reached.
  • Keep in mind that Programs may be synced to SFDC, so they will sync leads automatically. Usually this is a good thing.
  • Keep non MQLs in a Queue or separate user in SFDC to avoid pushing leads to a sales person until the last moment.
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

Thanks Josh.

i was actually looking for the specific steps as i couldn't spend hours sorting through the thousands of results i got from my search query- and then potentially still not finding any info. normally would just open a support ticket but tryigng to use the community- though to be honest 99.99% of the time easier to just ask support (though i am sure they  wouldn't agree::)

we installed 3 years ago and i can'tremember how sync was set up to just send all to sfdc so wanting to go in and potentially change our system set ups to only send over leads with certain scores. whether a system setting a campaign or combo of both i just don't know.

it would also affect this comment of yours:
"Keep in mind that Programs may be synced to SFDC, so they will sync leads automatically. Usually this is a good thing."

if a program gets responses that doesn't meet scoring criteria we wouldn't want them to syn automatically so woudln't be a good thing.

do you know if there is some instructional doc somewhere that will help me with all this - i would think there would be but i can't find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Trish,
did you read the following articles about the Salesforce sync?

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDeepDive?id=kA5500000008T2sCAE

Best regards

Steffen