Re: Sync to SFDC caught exception

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync to SFDC caught exception

I'm getting an error that says Failed Sync: unknown exception. Please check First Name and Last Name, already exist (XXXXXX). (I know why it's happening--we currently have many leads in SFDC with no email, and when we import a list that contains one of those people--now with an email--it is rejected. We will probably be removing all of these leads, but that's not my question). My question is this error a SFDC syncing issue or one of Marketo? In other words, could I tell SFDC or Marketo to not judge sync criteria by first and last name and only by email matching?

Thanks

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Marketo won't perform any matching when pushing a lead to SFDC, just on the SFDC ID if it already has one.  Do you have any deduplication rules, or dupecatcher enabled in SFDC?  That's not an error message I've seen before so I suspect it's from non-standard functionality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Rob Place​ this is a SFDC syncing issue, you would have to tell SFDC to not judge criteria. Note that there are some restrictions that SFDC maintains that aren't customizable. For example, you can't sync a lead over without First name! You'll have to set it to "unknown" or something like that